Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mandy's Baby Shower

Amy and Mandy's friend Jenny put together a great shower for Mandy and baby Bella.  Many came and offered their well wishes.  I got there the night before and helped them out with different tasks.  We got it all pulled together just in time for the arrival of the guests. 

Here is Mandy having so much fun opening all of the things for Miss Bella.  She got so many sweet little girl dresses.  I told her she had to send me a picture (via iphone) every morning after she got her dressed so I could see her in each one of the outfits.  I think I'm gonna love this granddaughter thing.

Oh yes, and one more of the finished quilt.  I was so glad to get this finished.  I think the hardest part of this was the sorting of the blocks.  There has to be an easier way than the way I did it.  I think she was pleased with it.  I also did a matching wall hanging, and several other things, but I forgot to take pictures. 
I also made a surprise quilt for Lucas, which yes, I forgot to take pictures of too.  I was so excited about getting everything done, that I wrapped them all up before I took the ever so important pictures. As soon as I get them, I'll post.

My next project I'm planning on starting is my oldest grandson Jordan's Texas Quilt.  He went with me in September to a few quilt shops while I was doing the Quilt Across Texas Shop Hop.  The Kaleidoscope Quilt Shop in Whitesboro, TX has a quilt hanging on the wall and he said, "Gigi, I really like that one.", well needless to say, Gigi's heart melted and I bought the kit.

And one last picture of my youngest grandson, Lucas.  His daddy brought him along to join in on the fun and goodies for his new sister.

2 comments:

  1. of all the pictures you took you had to post that goofy one. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The colors are lovely. What a beautiful spot for pictures.

    ReplyDelete