Friday, March 2, 2012

Embroidered Table Runner

As you've noticed, there hasn't been alot of sewing going on around here.  School work and remodeling has definitely push my creative flow to the back burner.  I did however get to take a couple of embrodiery classes at Denton Sewing Center a couple weeks ago.  I loved the look of this table runner and thought maybe I could learn more about my Embroidery machine.  I'm pretty much self-taught, except for what Mandy has showed me how to do.  I just love some of the things I'm able to do with it. 

The pattern was in Eileen Roche's book, "Machine Embroidered Quilting and Applique".  It has several unique projects that Here is a picture of the tablerunner from the book.


So here is my finished table runner. 


I chose Moda fabrics that I got from A & K Quilting in Bridgeport.  I just love going out there and visiting with Barbara and Carolyn K.  I have to make myself leave.  The atmosphere out there is so homey and welcoming.  I could sit and talk for hours.  Oh wait, I usually do when I go out there.

Anyway, here is a close-up of some of the embroidery work.  I know, my choice of colors was quite, well, what do I say, odd, but I was going for a double-holiday tablerunner.  The red hearts for Valentines and the green hearts (well to me they look like a 4-leaf clover), so for St. Patrick's Day.  But then trying to find a fabric that went with both.  I found this gorgeous poppy fabric and loved it and it had both of the colors of the hearts and shamrock, so with a little looking, more like a couple of hours trying to decide, this is what I came up with.  It does look somewhat better in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment