Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Farm Updates

I found a few photos that I had forgotten about.  When your pulling them from two different cameras and an iPhone, I forget sometimes what I have where.  So, now I think I have everything uploaded to my computer, thus the new updates of what's been going on around here.

Mole Hunting

Seems like every year we have moles, armadillos, grasshoppers, etc. visiting us.  And, we have had them all this year.  Libby and Palyn got on the trail of a mole one day.  It was so much fun watching Palyn dig and get her little long nose down in the dirt.  You have to know her to know that she is just too much of a princess to get her nose dirty.  I mean, when Bill literally pics her up and takes her out to the carport for potty breaks when it's raining, you gotta know how much of a princess she is.  So without adieu, here are a couple pics of the mole hunting.

Once they were through digging and things settled down, Jordan got down and played with the dogs in the grass.  Doesn't it look so nice in green.  It's so hard to keep it green without rain.  But we have been getting a good deal (well, a little) here and there.  So things look good right now.

We got Libby back in 2006.  We just happened by PetSmart one day and there was a rescue place out front with 4 of the cutest black lab looking puppies.  Well, we called Pawpaw and told him, and it wasn't soon we were bringing Libby home with us.  She was about 3 months old they were guessing.  The puppies had been found in a cardboard box on the side of the highway.  We named her Liberty because we got her on July 3rd.  It got shortened to Libby soon after.  But she does get called Liberty every once in awhile when she's in trouble.

Around the House

Now on to some other things going on here.  Our plum trees really gave us many many plums this year.  My freezer is full.  Now I just need to find a day in my schedule to get some jelly made.  Here is a picture of the last handful of plums we gathered from our trees.  They are so pretty and red.  We had to pick once in the morning and once in the evening for the last couple of weeks because they were ripening so fast.  As you can see, Bill had to place a board under those limbs because they were so loaded that it was sagging to the ground. 

Then, these beautiful sunflowers just popped up one day.  Bill has moved dirt from different places of the yard, filling in mole holes and leveling the yard.  One day these sunflowers just started popping up.  They were just in the middle of the yard (kinda).  We just left them and let them grow.

One more last thing I have to add about what's been going on.  Bill has been working on a walkway from the house to the carport.  You know how it feels to have to walk across wet grass in the mornings from the dew or after it rains in flip flops.  Or to have heels on and they go down in the dirt.  He finished it this week.  It looks so natural with him using the sandstone that was taken up from the old walkway that went to the old porch.  We still need the grass to grow to cover, but it's looking great.  Thank you Hunnie!!!

Well, that's all I can think of today.  Have a wonderful rest of the week! I've got a Math Exam tomorrow, so you know where I'll be.  STUDYING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment