Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Couple of things to Catch Up

Here are a couple of sewing projects I've been working on the past couple of weeks.  Not near enough though.  I need to get my sewing groove back on. 

These are the things I whipped up for Amy for her graduation.  She is doing her classroom (hopefully she gets her own "job" soon) in robots.  So I made her up this cute little Robot Pillow that she could use as her room Mascot.  I got the pattern from Fat Quarterly.com. It is called the Geared Up Robot.  I saw it and knew I had to do it for her.  I also added a little embroidery to personalize a little for her.


She also requested a camera strap for her new Canon Rebel Aaron bought her for graduation.  So of course, I made her one.  She also requested a "Wal-Mart" bag holder for her pantry, but didn't get to that yet.

And here is my Block of the Month for our May Quilt Guild meeting.  I got it finished today.  Needed to get it out of the way because I'm going to be at hospital soon, within hours to meet my new granddaughter!!!  Soooo excited.  There is one little piece that is off, but I'm fairly pleased with it.  I would love to win this months blocks.  I love these colors.


Then just a couple more pictures I took the other day of my sewing area after I cleaned it up and got it a little more organized.  This isn't all of it but the main area where I sew.


Here is where I keep most of my fabrics.  This is the armoire in my bedroom.  I cleaned out all of my stamps that I used to keep in here and now it houses my fabric bolts.  I wrap my fabric around comic book boards that are acid free.  I order these online.  I love having it where I can see exactly what I have.  I do have "alot" more, some of it under the table in the above picture and some other here and there, but this is the majority and it is mostly fat quarters.  I don't have alot of large yardage pieces.  I usually just by that when I need it.  I think I want to start concentrating on getting more solid colors.  I never have the right one when I need it.


Okay that's all for now, gotta get my hospital bag packed, oh, wait I mean my purse, iPad (charged up), camera (charged up), phone (charged up), plus plug in charger....   Ummm, what am I forgetting?????   Car is gassed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment