Sunday, March 10, 2013

Not Much Happening here on the Farm

Whew!!!  The last couple of months have flown by.  With working full-time again, the days just seem to pass without me even knowing it.  We haven't been doing much of anything lately anyway, hence no blog posts.

I haven't been cooking much, Bill has done a great job of helping with dinners at night.  I get him set up with a crock pot recipe and he has done great with them.  He has starting throwing in a few Hamburger Helpers lately I've noticed, so I need to get back to planning better meals.  I got burnt out on the Hamburger Helpers a long time ago, but he likes them because they are easy to do.

Sewing???  Quilting???  Crafting???  

Hummm, not much of that going on either.  I regretfully had to resign my position as 2nd Vice President at my quilt guild, Wise County Quilt Guild, as I felt that I was overwhelmed with things going on around me, and I was stressing too much with making sure I got the newsletter out on time and making sure it was a quality newsletter.  A fellow member, Peggy has stepped up and volunteered to take my place.  I am so thankful for her.  Working has sure put a kink in my life, but I know it will get better.

I did get to purchase a new "used" L-shaped desk for my sewing area.  It is going to be great.  I've been cleaning out and rearranging my sewing spot in hopes of getting to start sewing soon.

I have been gradually trying to clean out my scrapbook room to make room for some of my sewing things.  For those of you who know me and knew my scrapbooking obsession I had for many years, you know just how much stuff I have.  I hate to say it, but since getting the quilting bug, I have totally lost interest in my scrapbooking hobby.  It's sad, and although I'll go in the room and look at stuff and see things that I had plans to do, I just do not have the interest in it anymore.  I am cleaning out and selling a lot of things that I will no longer use.  Here I come, Ebay, Craigslist, Wise County People to People Facebook page (a great place to sell things you no longer want locally).  So, if your looking for anything that I might have, let me know, I'll try to accommodate.  I used to sell Stampin' Up! products also, so I have a lot of those items laying around too.  I may create a page of things I'm selling and link to my blog for future reference.  I need to pull out and take pictures.  Lots to do and so little time to do.

Family

BTW, for those of you that haven't heard (earlier post), I have a new grandson on the way.  My youngest daughter Amy and her husband Aaron are expecting their 1st baby in July.  We are so excited for them.  Hence, the hopes of starting to sew soon....  I have several baby projects in mind for this new little one.

My daughter Mandy and her family recently got to take a fun snow trip up to Colorado last month.  The kids really enjoyed the snow.  Lucas got his first chance at skiing and loved it.  Well really it's his second chance.  We went a couple of years ago, but he was not ready at age 3.  But now he is 5, he was loving it.  Bella even got in on the action.


Air Force Bound

My only nephew, Seth is leaving for Air Force Basic Training on Monday.  I so respect what he is doing and what he is giving up to serve our country.  I know he will make us all very proud.


My sister held a going away party for him a couple weekends ago.  It was a fun party, with BBQ and cake and lots of family and friends came to wish him good luck on the new phase of his life.  He even sang and played his guitar for us.








That's about all for my update for now.  I'll try to post a little more often.  Hopefully with some pictures of a few sewing projects.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new grandbaby to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, your blog is very beautiful. Congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete